Monday, June 23, 2008

Who's Who?

When Elliana says "Mama," I'll pat my chest and say, "I'm Mama!" Now when we ask "Where's Mama?" Elliana pats HER chest. As you see in this video, she does it for Daddy and Elliana as well. Brent is at work tonight and I had him on speaker phone and he said, "Elliana, where's daddy?" She smiled and patted her chest. Well, at least I know she knows what we are saying. I'm amazed at how quickly she is beginning to pick up new things. For instance, she has a baby doll that she will hug and kiss. This morning the baby was on the bed and so was Elliana; Brent said, "Go get your baby," and she crawled over and picked up her baby and started hugging her. Elliana is such a girl. She likes to try to put clips in her hair (or mine), loves the baby doll, and makes funny faces when you give her something of a different texture. She is so fun and changing so quickly. I hope you're enjoying the videos and pictures.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

She is the carbon copy of you, she's adorable!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Have you thought about using simple signs with her? Looks like she could pick them up easily and it really does help with communication in the early years.

mom@home said...

Hannah- it's amazing how much she looks like me. I looked at pictures of me when I was a year and oh my, we look just a like.

Lisa- We do some signs with her. I wish I knew more. Lately she's been picking things up really fast. The library has a signing time for infants, but it's right around her bed time. I'd love to take Elliana. I know she would catch on. She uses the sign for "eat" now. Used to sign "all done" now she just throws her food. I totally agree about it helping with communication in the early years. I mean, if she can tell me what she wants, she won't get near as frustrated.