Monday, June 16, 2008

Cicadas

We went to the park on Father's Day and their were Ciacadas (locusts) everywhere. I have never seen them like this. I realize this is nothing like the plague the Bible talks about, but can I just say, they are everywhere. And they are loud. It's like an alarm of some sort. Even now (at 3:05 pm) I sit in my apartment and can hear them. Just looking at these pictures makes my skin crawl.

Occasionally, while sitting and talking or eating, I would feel what seemed like sprinkles, but would see nothing on my arm. Something I realized at the end of our time at the park (I feared it, but would not allow my mind to go there), is that I think that moisture was coming from the Cicadas. Is it possible is was pee? Uck!!
I have to say I think the picture below is pretty good. You can see their beedy eyes. I bet it makes your skin crawl too.


Blueberry Pie
Brent said he enjoyed his father's day. The Peanut Butter Fudge Cake was rich and yummy. We grilled pork chops and corn and I also made a Blueberry Pie that turned out pretty good. I don't make many pies, but would like to start making more (mainly to perfect the art of it). I got the recipe on the Martha Stewart web site.

No comments: